14 Quotes from Erwin Lutzer, The Truth about Same-Sex Marriage
- A lesbian attorney in Canada correctly said that the real battle is between gay rights and religious freedom; freedom of religion, she said, will have to give way to the homosexual agenda (p.8).
- With the onslaught of pornography, the Playboy philosophy steadily shifted the center of gravity from marital faithfulness to personal enjoyment. Thus, if your mate no longer fulfilled your needs, you should have the “right” to find someone who would (p.17).
- Tolerance now demands an affirmation of virtually all behavior, no matter how immoral, unnatural, and bizarre. With these streams flowing into our national culture, much of America became ready for same-sex marriages (p.18).
- For more than thirty years, gay activists have intentionally sought to make their lifestyle and behavior “normal” in the eyes of mainstream America. In 1973, activists persuaded the American Psychiatric Association to remove homosexuality from its list of psychiatric illnesses and reclassify it as normal behavior…. It was the first time in psychiatric history that a scientific society ignored scientific evidence and yielded to the demands of a militant group (pp.18-19).
- When God created Eve out of Adam’s flesh, He made a powerful statement about our sexuality. God separated femininity out of masculinity, forming two separate people. With this separation came a powerful implanted desire in the male and the female to be reunited in an intimate oneness (p.54).
- We must strive to handle our sexuality in such a way that these desires will fulfill us and not destroy us (p.60).
- Every sexual relationship apart from the man/woman relationship in marriage can be called an alien bond; that is, a bond that violates the biblical boundaries (p.61).
- The Bible gives several purposes for sex. One is to mirror unity in diversity; another is pleasure. But high on the list is that children might be born into an environment where they can grow and flourish as men and women (p.64).
- Thus, a homosexual is actually fighting against his own nature…. Even lesbian scholar and author Camille Paglia agrees that her sexual choices are not normal. She says, “Homosexuality is not “normal.” On the contrary, it is a challenge to the norm. . . . Nature exists, whether academics like it or not. And in nature, procreation is the single, relentless rule. That is the norm. Our sexual bodies were designed for reproduction. . . . No fancy linguistic game-playing can change that biologic fact.” Marriage between one woman and one man is rooted in the natural creation (p.69).
- It is foolish to think that alternate forms of the family are as good as the father and mother who raise their children together (p.71-72).
- Regardless of our sexual desires, whether genetic or acquired, we are creatures created with the ability to choose, and we are held accountable to God for those choices. We cannot argue that the devil or our genes “made us do it” (p.86).
- We are not asking more of single homosexuals than we ask of single heterosexuals when we insist on chastity (p.89).
- It is one thing to say that we believe in civil rights for all regardless of one’s skin color. It is quite another to say that we believe in civil rights for all regardless of one’s behavior (p.91).
- Personhood is more than my particular sexual passions (p.91).
Buy the books
The Truth About Same-sex Marriage: Six Things You Must Know About What’s Really At Stake