A Brief Book Notice from Books At a Glance
The recent advance of Islam has made it increasingly important for Christians to acquaint themselves with what Muslims believe, and Ayman Ibrahim’s A Concise Guide to the Quran takes us to the source. Ibrahim himself grew up in the Muslim world, and he has now spent some years teaching Christians about it. This book is intended as an introductory text and is well-suited as a first study.
Ibrahim structures his book, as the subtitle says, around 30 questions:
- What is the Quran?
- What does “Quran” Mean?
- Are there Other Scriptures in Islam?
- What Do Muslims Believe about the Quran?
- Who is Muhammad, the Recipient and Proclaimer of the Quran?
- Did Muhammad Really Exist?
- When and Where Did Muhammad Receive the Quran?
- What is the Most Important Feature of the Language of the Quran?
- Why and How was the Quran Compiled?
- Did Uthman Burn False and Forged Qurans?
- What Do Shiite Muslims Believe about the Collection of the Quran?
- Do Sunnis and Shiites Have the Same Quran Today?
- What Do We Know about the 1924 Royal Cairo Edition of the Quran?
- Are there Any Other Qurans?
- Are All Arabic Versions of the Quran the Same?
- How Should I Begin Reading the Quran?
- What are the Recurring Features at the Beginning of All Suras?
- What Is Abrogation in the Quran
- What are the Satanic Verses in the Quran?
- What is the Most Important Concept for Muslims in the Quran?
- Are Jews and Christians Infidels?
- Does the Quran Really Say the Bible is Corrupt?
- Who is Jesus in the Quran?
- Who are the Prophets in the Quran?
- Did Muhammad Perform Miracles?
- What Does the Quran Say about Jihad and Fighting?
- How Do Muslims Treat the Quran’s Verses on Violence Today?
- Who Are “the People of the Quran”?
- What Do Today’s Non-Muslim Scholars Say about the Quran?
- Concluding Question: How Does All This Fit Together?
A helpful and needed new resource for Christians.
Buy the books
A CONCISE GUIDE TO THE QURAN: ANSWERING THIRTY CRITICAL QUESTIONS, by Ayman S. Ibrahim