Alleged Discrepancies in the Bible
by Fred G. Zaspel
Critics of Christianity have tried for centuries to demonstrate contradictions in the Bible, thereby to disprove the Bible’s own claims about itself. And always in response believers rise to the occasion to demonstrate instead that the Bible’s claims remain true.
One of our readers recently asked for recommendations for books of this genre. Here we list some of the most popular, beginning with older works and moving to the most comprehensive.
- Difficulties in the Bible: Alleged Errors and Contradictions, by R.A. Torrey
- Alleged Discrepancies in the Bible, by John W. Haley
- Does the Bible Contradict Itself? A Discussion of Alleged Contradictions in the Bible, by William Arndt
- Dealing with Bible Problems, by James Montgomery Boice
- New International Encyclopedia of Bible Difficulties, by Gleason L. Archer
- The Big Book of Bible Difficulties, by Norman L. Geisler
Buy the books
NEW INTERNATIONAL ENCYCLOPEDIA OF BIBLE DIFFICULTIES, by Gleason L. Archer