A Brief Book Notice from Books At a Glance
We are very pleased to announce the release of this new festschrift in honor of Dr. Gerald Priest. Dr. Priest, who served on the faculty of Detroit Baptist Theological Seminary from 1988 until his retirement in 2010, taught numerous courses in homiletics and Bible exposition, but the focus of his teaching and writing ministry was in the field of church history. The editors (several of whom are longtime friends of Books At a Glance) and their team reflect this interest with a fine collection of essays on topics of interest to Priest.
Table of Contents
- A Biography of Gerald L. Priest (Kevin L. Priest)
- Publications of Gerald L. Priest
- “He Can Do It if He Will”: Jonathan Edwards, Inability, and the Theologians (John Aloisi)
- “He Went About Doing Good”: Eighteenth-Century Particular Baptists on the Necessity of Good Works (Michael A. G. Haykin)
- “To Declare the Whole Counsel of God”: Andrew Fuller (1754–1815) on Preaching (Allen R. Mickle, Jr.)
- “A Young Man’s Difficulty with His Bible”: Not My Father’s Faith (Jeff Straub)
- George Burman Foster: First Radical of the Chicago School (Van E. Carpenter)
- The Fundamentalist as Historian: The Civil War Histories of Clarence Macartney (Mark Sidwell)
An excellent collection of essays integrating themes of Church History and Historical Theology as well as Christian ministry and Christian living – a worthy honor to a faithful professor and minister of Christ.
Our hearty congratulations to Allen Mickle and team. Highly recommended.
Buy the books
Once For All Delivered to the Saints: Essays on the History of the Christian Faith in Honor of Gerald L. Priest