A Brief Book Notice from Books At a Glance[The following is taken from banneroftruth.org.]
The Puritans spent long periods of time meditating on specific passages and themes of Scripture. They drank deeply of the rich well of the Scriptures and thought carefully on the truth contained within them. Many Puritan sermons and writings borne out of these meditations have been compiled into books which have encouraged, challenged, and helped Christians for generations.
The following books are a selection from Banner of Truth’s Puritan Paperbacks series that focus on God’s love for us, our love for God, and our love for one another. We pray your love for Christ and your fellow Christian will be enriched by these timeless books.
- The Love of Christ, by Richard Sibbes
- Christian Love, by Hugh Binning
- All Loves Excelling, by John Bunyan
- The Bruised Reed, by Richard Sibbes
- Communion with God, by John Owen
- All Things for Good, by Thomas Watson
- All Things Made New, by John Flavel
- The Rare Jewel of Christian Contentment, by Jeremiah Burroughs